Who doesn’t love pasta? Sauruses certainly do, and here’s a super-quick, super-simple recipe for a tasty sauce!
It’ll probably take you less time to cook this sauce than it does to cook your pasta, which is very convenient, since it’ll be ready to serve when you’re pasta is ready.
Vegan Bolognese Sauce by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/vegan-bolognese.jpg
Servings 2 people
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1 carton/can crushed tomato (500g)
- veggie stock (dissolved in 200ml warm water)
- 60 g textured soy protein
- 1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- chilli powder
- black pepper
- Mix the crushed tomato and the veggie stock in a saucepan over medium heat, and add spices.
- Add the textured soy protein, and stir while the TVP expands. If the sauce is too liquid add more TVP; if too dry add more water.
- Add kidney beans. Stir until the sauce is cooked.
- Serve with your favourite pasta!
Kidney beans can be substituted for your favourite beans or chick peas. Also, if you have leftover vegetables such as courgette (zuchini), you could slice them very thinly and add them to the sauce with the beans.