Sauruses can’t quite decide whether these should be called “aubergine” or “eggplant”, but they sure are tasty! This is another fast and simple vegan recipe that makes a great savoury snack or dinner for 1-2 people, depending on how hungry you are.
Stuffed Aubergine by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/stuffed-aubergine.jpg
Servings 1-2 portions
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 aubergine (300-350g)
- 60 g textured soy protein
- 1 veggie stock
- 100 g frozen pea/corn/pepper mix
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- chilli powder
- black pepper
- vegan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Wash the aubergine and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Carve out the insides of the aubergine with a spoon, leaving roughly 5mm of flesh inside the skin. Mince the carved-out flesh.
- Dissolve the veggie stock in 0.5l of hot water in a small saucepan. Add spices and TVP, and let the TVP absorb the mixture.
- Add soy sauce, tomato puree, frozen vegetables, and aubergine flesh to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Place the carved-out aubergines either on a baking tray or in a greased baking dish, and fill them with the filling.
- Sprinkle some of your favourite vegan cheese on top, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.