After all those sugary and chocolatey treats the Saurus gorged over the holidays, a healthy and fresh vegan raw dessert is a nice change. This recipe makes 6 delicious cupcakes that have a soft creamy filling and a nice textured base. The filling will set easily in the fridge, and is best served straight from the fridge. If stored in the freezer, remember to thaw for at least 20 minutes before serving!
Raw Raspberry Cupcakes by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/raw-raspberry-cupcakes.jpg
Servings 6 cupcakes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Passive Time 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- food processor, powerful blender, or hand-held processor
- cupcake pan (with cupcake liners)
- frosting piping bag
Ingredients - Base
- 60 g pitted dates
- 50 g ground almonds
- 15 g shredded coconut (3tbsp)
Ingredients - Filling
- 300 ml whole dry cashews (soaked for 6-8 hours or overnight)
- 40 g coconut oil (melted)
- 15 g agave nectar (2/3 tbsp)
- 30 g frozen raspberries
- juice from half a lemon
- pinch of salt
Ingredients - Frosting
- 100-120 g frozen bananas
- 50-60 g frozen raspberries
- Chop up the dates and mix all base ingredients - in a food processor if you have one, or by hand (with the help of a fork) - until it becomes a sticky dough that will hold its shape when moulded.
- Press the ball of dough into the bottom of the six cupcake liners, and place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Mix soaked cashews, coconut oil, agave nectar, the raspberries, salt, and lemon juice - either in a food processor or powerful blender if you have one, or with a hand-held processor in a bowl - until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the six cupcake liners on top of the prepared base, and place in the fridge or freezer until set.
- Before serving, blend the frosting ingredients until smooth and squeeze on top of the cupcakes using the frosting piping bag. Decorate with frozen raspberries.
If stored in the freezer, thaw for at least 20 minutes before serving. Will stay fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days.