Healthy vegetables cooked in a delicious, spicy tomato sauce? Sounds like a perfect dinner for the Saurus! This low-effort meal will fill you up, and it’s so light that you can eat the whole lot with a clean conscience.
Ratatouille by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ratatouille.jpg
Servings 2-4 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini) (approx 300g)
- 1 medium aubergine (eggplant) (approx 300g)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 5-8 cloves garlic
- 600 g crushed tomato
- veggie stock
- chilli powder
- Chop all vegetables into bite-sized chunks.
- Make a concentrated vegetable stock solution by dissolving a vegetable stock cube into a small amount (150ml) of hot water in a saucepan.
- Add crushed tomato and all the spices, and bring to boil.
- Mix in all vegetables and let simmer under a lid for approximately 25 minutes, strirring every now and then.
Serve with rice or the side dish of your choice!