Sauruses love a spicy curry, and this one is especially delicious. It goes best with basmati rice, fresh greens, and possibly naan bread and popadoms. Because Sauruses love curry so much, they tend to make huge batches of them – enough to feed a whole family – so if you have a smaller appetite, you may wish to halve the amount of ingredients and use a smaller saucepan!
This is a very straightforward recipe, and relatively quick to prepare, but the longer you let it simmer at the end, the more flavour will seep into the vegetables.
Leftover tip: use on top of a pizza base for a curry pizza!
Potato Curry by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/curry.jpg
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- large saucepan (approx 10l)
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- 1-1.2 kg potato (peeled)
- 600-700 g sweet potato (peeled)
- 500 g tomato (crushed)
- 200-300 g courgette (sliced and quartered)
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can coconut milk (400g)
- veggie stock
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- black pepper
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized chunks.
- Bring approximately 1 litre of water to boil in the saucepan, and add the potatoes. If there is not enough water to cover the potatoes, add more. Boil for roughly 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, chop up the sweet potato into bite-sized chunks.
- Add the sweet potato to the saucepan, and boil for a further 10 minutes.
- Pour hot water into a cup and add veggie stock, to create a concentrated solution. Stir until the stock has dissolved into the water.
- Pour away all the water from the saucepan. Add the veggie stock solution, crushed tomato, and courgette to the saucepan. Add spices to taste - the amounts listed in the recipe are a good guideline.
- Drain and rinse the chick peas and kidney beans, and add them to the saucepan.
- Finally, add coconut milk to the saucepan. Mix well and leave to simmer on low heat for approximately 10 minutes.