It’s christmas time, which means gingerbread cookies! This year, the Saurus decided to try baking a crumble with gingerbread cookies, and it turned out to be incredibly tasty. The combination of gingerbread and cinnamon really tastes like christmas and makes a perfect treat on a chilly winter eve.
Gingerbread Crumble by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/gingerbread-crumble.jpg
Servings 2 portions
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 140 g oats
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp apple sauce (60g)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 7 vegan gingerbread cookies (50-60g, crushed)
- 2-3 tsp sugar (or more agave nectar)
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (400°F). Lightly oil a baking dish.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour all the ingredients into the baking dish, and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the oats aquire a crispy golden hue.
- Serve with vegan ice cream or custard.
Agave nectar can be replaced with sugar (or vice versa); adjust the amounts depending on how sweet you want the crumble to be.