Here’s a super simple and healthier recipe for a chocolate icing. You can use this icing to decorate your cupcakes or cakes, or use as a delicious chocolate sauce for cakes or pancakes.
Freshly made, the icing will be loose like chocolate sauce, but if left in the fridge for long enough it will solidify and become spreadable.This recipe makes enough to cover an entire 26cm/10inch cake!
It’s worth noting that the banana flavour is much more noticeable when the sauce is freshly made, warm and loose, but as the mixture cools down, the chocolatey flavours take over. For a stronger cocoa flavour, add a teaspoon or two of cocoa powder to the mix.
Banana chocolate icing by Saurusfood http://saurusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/banana-chocolate-icing.jpg
Prep Time 15 minutes
Passive Time 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1.5-2 small bananas (á 100g)
- 100 g vegan dark chocolate
- Purée bananas with a handheld food processor or a blender.
- Break chocolate into small bits and melt it either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Mix the two ingredients throroughly with a spoon, and place in the fridge to cool down until the mixture has reached desired consistency.